- There's a little progress on implementation of such reforms. Instead, these reports occupied 'must read' section of syllabus of recruitment to Indian civil services.
- Every year scores of UPSC aspirants learn the ARC reports by heart to be reproduced in the exam.
- They occupy a space of bookshops famous for selling reading material to competitive examinations.
- Coaching institutes summarize these reports to ease students' burden and sell them.
2) A new branch of academic literature is initiated to study the lack of progress
People in academia initiate a new strand in academic literature to study the 'slow progress.
- Various political economy models are proposed to explain the dynamics of inaction (emphasis on the irony of the term - two contradictory terms)
- Fancy researchers even construct game theory models.
If inaction continues for long, even basic aspects become radical.
- Owing to lack of efforts from government, ensuring teacher attendance and strict action for absence is now being viewed as a radical step.
Positive externalities of slow reforms
- Book shop owners who earn money by selling reports of committees on reforms.
- Photoshop outlets who earn money by distributing such reports
- Thesis topics for students to study the inaction
- Papers for professors to study the inaction